Home > Blog > FAB Decor @ eHow > Address Etiquette When Divorced With Children

Thanks for watching FAB Decor. You can view this entire video series on eHow. Enjoy the video below or read on for an abridged version of the video’s transcript:

Hi, I’m Kimberly Seeherman, celebrity wedding planner and owner of Events by Fabulous.

Today we’re going to be talking about wedding invitations; specifically address etiquette when it comes to divorced couples with children.

Our friends at Woo Paperie have helped us out with some amazing sample invitations featured in our video. Here are a couple of tips and tricks to get all of your addresses perfectly for your invitations.

First of all, you’re going to be sending out two different invitations -one to the Mr. and one to the Mrs. Make sure you find out from your friends how they like to be addressed.

Some divorced women like to be called Ms., especially if they’re keeping their married name. In terms of the children, you’re going to want to put the names of the children on the invitation where the children live.

For example, if Mrs. Marie Jones lives with her children Taylor and Elizabeth, you would address the invitation like this:

First line, “Mrs. Marie Jones.”
Second line, “Master Taylor Jones and Miss Elizabeth Jones.”

A helpful hint, boys under the age of eight should be addressed as master, and girls would always be addressed as miss. And there you have it- all the rules you’ll need to make sure that your invitations are addressed properly!

Thanks For Watching!